by phd. University Of Athens Konstance Palamiotou-Thomaidou
- Henri Bergson was the first philosopher who achieved to exceed the naive positivist approaches and who supported the possibility of the knowledge. According to Bergson the mind functions in two ways: from inside and from outside.
- The first function concerns the self-conscience which uses the perception; the second concerns the intellect which uses the method Only with the coalition of those two functions one can mobilize two forces apparently contradictory but substantially complementary: (a) The subtractive capability generalization the whole, and (b) the component capability binding together the specific.
- Therefore our opinion is that the philosophy in our time ought to be “de facto” an interdisciplinary philosophy – in same sense as the presocratic philosophers were “de facto” generalizers.
- The history of philosophy went through the stages:1. Affirmative philosophy : The philosophy that attempted to established the ideas, the methods, the proceedings and the situations, to shap the formal logic, to explore the world and the Man, to searche the values. That was the philosophy of the past. 2. Negative philosophy : The philosophy that attempt to re-construct the ideas, the methods, the proceedings and the situations, to dispute the authenticity of knowledge as well as the validity of ethics. This is the philosophy of the Present. 3. I want to present my point of view for the philosophy of the future and I name it as “prophetic philosophy”, from the Greek word for Prophecy = προφητεία (propheteia) > προ + φημί (pro + phemi). This means = I say something in advance.
- The above mentioned prophetic philosophy will attempt to study any problem before. This forethought care means that the philosophers in the near Future will all attempt to provident the ideas, the methods, the proceedings and the situations, not by any metaphysical or supernatural force, but by their provident mind. The philosophy by any sense in the future will be needed to provide situations than to cure problems.